I have never been away for conference weekend and couldn't give up our "conference hairdo" tradition. I decided that Grandma Maas would like a conference hairdo. We worked together to get her all cleaned up and hair washed, pulled out the blow dryer and curling iron, and set up our own beauty parlor in the kitchen. Last month I cut off the dry ends and this month we decided to style it in a halfback prom do. She just laughed and had so much fun. Isn't she beautiful. Although it is hard to see her aging and not able to do most things on her own, she is still as sweet as ever. You'll enjoy her humor as I did. I was washing her hair and said, "Well, mom, should we wash your hair out?" She said, "I really would like to keep my hair, how about you washing out the shampoo" and then she began to giggle. Many memories came back as I use to say, "Let's eat mom!" She would reply, "I think it would be better if we eat dinner and not me."
Let's just say that I love my mother and was glad to spend this time with her and Grandpa Maas!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Grandma Maa's Conference Hairdo
Posted by sistatee at 7:26 PM
Labels: True beauty comes with age
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment