Christmas is over, everyone is back in school, and life continues at the Taylor household.
Jon has transferred Marilyn the Merlin to Chris for about a hundred dead rats and mice, that we now have in the freezer. You got it - the freezer where we have frozen food for the table. He now has a goshawk named Hector. It has been trained in captivity and is afraid of many things including hands. Let's just say I don't pet this bird. He has taken the challenge to train it proper and get it to be an avid hunter. The nice thing is that it stays in the mew. He took it hunting yesterday with Mike and Scott and they enjoyed it, except Izzie who ran back to Mike's house. It was hunting a rabbit, but the rabbit wouldn't move so it has another day to live in the pen with the other rabbit, pigeons, and now a duck. I don't think I like the food chain or anything about it.
I spend my time at the gym doing a survivor training camp for the next two months, four days a week, with Kaylee's team. The girls are improving and I am getting less exercise. They have a tournament in Mesquite, NV over President's Day weekend. Can't wait to see the guys in the Mesquite Ward turn their head when 12 young ladies walk in. :) Yep, that's the stage of life these girls are in. It's fun. Dad and I are working out five days a week. Dad enjoys the sports channel since we don't have TV - put in the ear phones, climb on the bike, and take off. He IS getting his exercise.
I can't wait to see Kristin and her little family in two weeks. I hear Texas is much warmer.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Happy New Year
Posted by sistatee at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the updates and pictures! So much fun. I'm glad everyone had a fun Christmas.
Keep the updates coming. It's so fun to see how the family is doing!
Thanks for all the picture updateS! Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment