Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Beauty of the Alps

I've decided there are no words for the beauty of the Alps.  The beautiful little cottages with flowers in full bloom, the paths lined with greenery, men mowing their fields high on the hill, the clouds, the Materhorn in the distance, and being with those you love.  If we had the funds, we would take all of you here.


The Materhorn out the balcony window
When we arrived at our apartment, I noticed the glorious view out the balcony window and decided right then that I wanted this before my eyes when I awoke.  I was not dissappointed.  The first morning, I woke up early, peaked through the glass and there was the Alps with the peak of the Materhorn in full view.  I couldn't wait for Dave to wake up and the others.  The sun rose slowly and lit up the white snow on the tips.  It was more than I could have ever imagined.  Thank you Heavenly Father for the beauty of the earth.  I have to say I was pretty nervous traveling up the switchbacks and the small roads.  At one point, I thought I heard the tires squeal as Mike took a corner, later only to find out that Mike was using his voice.  It's not often when you see a large truck coming toward you and the cliff edge is on your side.  Prayers were said, and safety was on my side. 
The middle tower is where we stayed
On the way back to Heidelberg, we had another glorious experience.  We arranged to do baptisms in the Swiss Temple.  Dave saw the temple once before on his way home from his mission in 1972, almost 40 years ago.  It was so wonderful.  In Switzerland we were in the German part, the French part, and now thinking that it would be back in the German language, we were surpirsed with the cutest Italian couple.  They couldn't speak English.  One of the temple presidency members came and welcomed us and spoke for a moment.  Then the brother from Italy spoke in Italian while another man from Italy translated.  The spirit was so strong.  Oh how I love the temple; from the 1st day that I entered and was married to my wonderful husband, and every time I enter.  The sweet peace that comes from this beautiful sacred holy place cannot be described.  It was even better doing baptisms and having my youngest child with me.

Dad remembered the pine trees many years ago


Zermatt
Crans-Montana Hike
Teeter totter bread and water
Grape orchards with a beautiful view out the car window






The clouds came right on the balcony.  Mike and Kaylee have their fingers in it.  No, it's not a wall.  This is the same balcony where the view of the alps were.  We are pretty high up at a skiing area in Crans-Montana, Switzerland.
Kaylee's direction for Mike and Sarah

1 comments:

M Taylor said...

I love the pictures. The Alps look so pretty. Kaylee is looking so cute! It's fun to see Mike and Sarah too! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time there.