Wednesday, May 21, 2008

LARGE TREE HITS OUR HOUSE



Dad had just finished the irrigation a couple of hours before the winds began. I awoke to the sound of the wind that was so strong last night that I almost could feel the trees swaying outside our window. The shades were swinging at 1:15 a.m. so I got up and shut the window most of the way; not all the way because I love the breeze going through our bedroom. At 2:00 a.m. dad and I woke up to a loud thunderous noise and at the same time said, "The tree fell". We jumped out of bed and looked out the bathroom window. There it was resting on our home. The large limbs were on the side of our window, just past our air conditioner, and missed the awning covering the stairs going into the basement. We walked outside in the dark with the wind still howling and watched only for a second as the trees continued to sway and bend to the power of nature. We decided it was safer in the house. When the wind calmed to a lull, we went outside and took some pictures. We checked the creek to make sure it didn't block the water path. Kaylee came out scared and got on the computer, only 28 mph. I'm guessing there were some small micro-bursts. We gave thanks because we were so blessed. When the sun rises, we will check the damage. Now I just need to go back to sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That looked like a close one. It's a great thing there wasn't further damage. So much excitement in the Taylor family :D.

KT said...

oh my goodness! We all wondered when one of those trees would tumble! I hope everything is alright and minimal to no damage to the house!
Love you