


Everyone knows how dad loves looking online at cars especially a BMW Z3 and Mercedes. Late nights dreaming and pondering on the day he would purchase one of these classics and take his wife down the coast of California with their hair blowing in the wind. I suggested that we camp along the way, but he would not allow such a trip to be lessened and strongly suggested that we sleep in style. Reality is getting closer as Dave will retire in 3 1/2 years. Who knows, we may just take that drive.
A few weeks ago, I noticed that the online search was changing to a different type of horse power. The color changes from a dark green to a pure black. An Arabian horse to be exact. He would show Kaylee and I and study each listing looking for the right one. We went and looked at a couple and Kaylee put in her suggestions. You know the saying "While mom's away the cat will play". While I was in Texas, he and Kaylee went to look at this black Arabian horse. They both fell in love with her. They rode her, waited a couple of weeks and rode again. Dave fell in love with its spirited walk and drive to continue going.
Horses don't come cheap, but who can put a value on a ride in the mountains with your children. Yesterday was so exciting for dad. He cleaned out the stall, and just couldn't wait to leave in our 72 Chev with Grandpa's horse trailer hooked to the back. He came in and asked if we were ready to go, and I mentioned that he might want to start the truck first. "Oh yeh" was his reply. He went out and started the truck, came in, and I again mentioned that we could wait until he pulls the truck off the back yard and scrapes the windows. "Oh yeh", he said again as he walked out. Kaylee looked at me and said, "He's so excited that he is acting like a little boy." We got in the truck only to wait a little bit longer as he needed to scrape the ice off the side windows. It was fun watching him. He loves horses.
So, now he has his dream, a BMW "Beamer" and his Mercedes "Sadee" as she will be called. It's 100% horse power; the best you can get. We may have to change the drive just a little and camp :), but at least we will still have the wind blowing our hair.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
The Best Gift
Posted by sistatee at 10:58 AM
Labels: I think I can, It will take courage for me to get back on a horse. I think I can
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations Dad! Riding in two fancy sports cars in the mountains together will be lots of fun. Good luck with Sadee and Beamer! I can just see Dad's smile on his face when he brought her home! What a great gift for Valentines day :)
The horse is beautiful. I can imagine how excited Poppa Taylor was and most likely still is. Good luck with the new horse.
How fun! And how sweetly put! There's nothing like that child-like excitement! So cute! I'm sure you'll have many a memory on that horse.... and the Beamer! :)
She is so pretty! I can't wait to meet her and maybe even ride her if she is gentle enough! I think I am adult enough to be brave and conquer the fear of horses.
Post a Comment