Elder Jon Taylor

Kurt and Bryce


Kaylee and her earrings
Kristin in her I Wuv U outfit :)

Jeff, Mike and the Puppies

Mikey P Taylor

1st time at the beach, Mom and Scott

Kurt, Scott and Bryce with baby calf

Jon's piano practicing

Four under the age of 5 YIKES

Kurt, Kristin, and Scott

Jon in daddy's shoes

Kaylee, Jazz and Jon

The Hawaiin Quintuplets
Bryce and Mike

Today I felt such a deep gratitude in my heart and a deep love for my children, their spouses, and my grandchildren so I decided to send a Thank you for being my children page. :)
Being a mother was something I always looked forward to. I practiced as I babysat. When I was 12, I would babysit during spud harvest 16 hours a day for my fifth grade teacher who had 5 children, It was fun to cook, play, and clean up after them. I would read them stories and wash their little faces and laugh with them. At the end of the each day, I would go home and rest and rise again about 6:00 a.m, to return and enjoy another day. This would last for three weeks straight. It was so fun playing “mother”.
I didn't realize at that time that a mother set the tone in the home, helped to mold the character (not personality) of her children, and could even cause some sadness later in life because of the bad parenting skills that she didn't understand. Just like clay, a mother has a hand in molding a beautiful creation, the most important of all, children.
I now ponder on how I have been as a mother. It wasn't like spud harvest where I knew I could leave them and rest and rise early and return. If I was up all night with one or two, I still had to begin a new day with the others who were not tired and were ready to explore and live. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but I have to say it was and still is amazing. It was enlightening and consuming; it was hard and rewarding; it was crazy and yet peaceful, but most of all it was what I had always wanted to be.
I hope that my children know that I tried my very best, I sought the Lord's help all the time, and I made mistakes. I hope they will forgive me for things I may have done to make them sad or when I wasn't as understanding as I should. I hope that they know how much I loved them, worried about them, and enjoyed watching them grow up. I hope they will always know that I loved being their mother. It was a privilege to be given each child, one by one, from heaven. There was no manual or instruction sheet, but with their help, I survived and grew much more than they did. With their help I learned patience, long suffering, brotherly kindness, charity, endurance, love, happiness, and unconditional love. With their help, I have grown closer to my Savior because of the many prayers that were given in their behalf and mine. With their help I knew I had the best calling on the earth, the calling of MOTHER.
Thank you, Krisitn, Kurt, Scott, Bryce, Mike, Jeffrey, Jon, and Kaylee. Thank you for all the wonderful years I have had and the ones still to come. I'll love you forever!



4 comments:
Thanks Mom, you're the best. We love you too!
I love you mom! I consider myself lucky to have had a mom who made my childhood so fun and alive. I can't tell you how often the fun things we did are now what I do with Aaron and Emily. Thanks for trying so hard and for loving so much. Even without a manual I think you did a marvelous job :).
Is that a picture of Kaylee holding the doll or little Cindy Lou Who? I think that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I absolutely love this post! Tamera you are amazing!
WE all love you mom! So glad I finally got to spend a mother's day with you!
Post a Comment