Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Day of Us


Today is July 3, 2011. Today has been a very strange day, a day of thought, of thanksgiving, and a day that Dave and I have never had in our home since Kristin was born. It is a day of us. Just us, Dave and I and no one else. It is really strange. Of course, he is back and forth from his priesthood responsibilities, but it is us. I took a short nap, had lunch, and read from the book Believing Christ. I just read the “parable of the bicycle” and thought back on the times that we sacrificed, or what we thought was a sacrifice for our children. And now, I realize it wasn't a sacrifice, it was all a blessing. A blessing from the Savior to have a family and love and laughter.

Kaylee is in Germany visiting Mike and Sarah, Jon is in Louisiana serving the Lord, Kristin and the kids have flown to Texas, Jeff, Michelle and Adam are out visiting and will be returning to Logan later, Kurt, Martha and the kids are back in Arizona, Bryce, Beth and Smith & Scott, Tasia and Dresden are spending time in their own little homes in Provo and Dave and I are enjoying us.

This day of us puts a new realm on things. Could it really be that we will be wandering around hearing voices that are no longer there? Could it be that in just a short time we will be empty nesters? Our nest has always been full, but today I had a glimpse of what life will be like in a couple of years when our dear Kaylee leaves for college. Although it has been a peaceful and beautiful day, I know the nest will always be full and we will continue to be blessed with a family and love and laughter.

1 comments:

M Taylor said...

What an awesome post and an awesome pictures. :D