Saturday, June 25, 2011

How did we ever do it

Chloe, Caleb, Aaron, Smith, Emily, and Dresden

Tuesday afternoon we began a wonderful and very eventful week.  Before our grandchildren arrived to be cared for, I mowed the lawn, cleaned the house, and did the shopping so I would have time to spend with them and take care of them.  Smith established his new home for the week downstairs with Kristin, Dresden upstairs with us.  On Thursday, Martha, Kurt, Aaron and Emily joined us.  With six of our seven grandchildren running and crawling around, our home was full of noise and little feet running around.  We brought out our two child seats for meals, changed quite a few diapers, and had fun going for a walk, playing in the water, made a huge tent with all the chairs and blankets, and tried to keep up with the little ones.  We had a picnic with grilled hotdogs, strawberries and cream, and much more.  It was so fun, but as I look back, I wonder how we ever did it.  Then the thought came, one day at a time.

On Friday morning, I went out to change the water.  When I started back in the house, Dresden was down the front porch steps in his PJ top and diaper running to the grass, and Aaron joined him in his PJ's.  Izzie was lapping water from the sprinklers and before I knew it Dresden was right there with him and Aaron was running around screaming.  They were laughing so hard, I decided to run and get my camera.  It was so fun.  I looked down to check to make sure I got the video and when I looked up, Aaron and Dresden were just stepping into the sand box. "NO, NOT THE SAND, but who was to stop them.   They were covered with sand, so I let them play in the water a little longer and then I took them in and gave them both a bath. (Mom and dad were resting) It is fun watching these little ones and although we are tired, it was so sweet!



0 comments: