Beginning of Battlecreek Canyon
Grove Creek Falls
Today the weather was beautiful so dad and I decided to go hiking. We canceled everything and packed up and headed out about 9:00 a.m. We really wanted to go to the top of Timp, but the snow came again and there is no way to make it to the top so we decided to hike from Battlecreek Canyon to Grove Creek Canyon. Dad use to ride this trail with horses all the time. It was beautiful. We took the camera this time and after the first picture it said "change batteries". We didn't want to go back, so every once in a while I would turn the camera on and click a quick shot. Dad tried it once to get one with me, but took too much time. I'm definitely fine with that. We ended up with four amazing pictures of dad and the colors. There was one tree that had leaves a neon orange from top to bottom. Total hike was four hours and 26 minutes with a half hour lunch. We decided today that Fall is our favorite season. I should tell you, we are both stiff and tired tonight. We hope the weather stays good for another two weeks so we can go again.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment