Sunday, March 11, 2012

Emergency Preparedness in a Box

This week I received a wonderful letter from Jon. He said that a general authority was sent by President Monson to instruct them. He was talking about helping our investigators and less actives come to church by going and waking them up and bringing them to church. Jon asked the general authority a question, "How long do we do that before we let them use there agency by themselves?" He then asked Jon this question, "How many times did your Mother wake you up for church and school." "Pretty much my whole life," I said. He then said, "Where would you be if your mom had left it up to your own judgement." I said, "Well, its 12:00. I would most likely still be in bed sleeping." He then said, "If your mother did not wake you would you be here now?" I said, "I don't know." He then wrote a complete letter of appreciation for me waking him up. I'm so grateful that I continued waking Jon up, for all of his family waking him up to life and spiritual matters, and for a Heavenly Father that knew his potential and his love for people and the Savior. I have been so blessed to be a mother.

At the end of the letter, he said, "I sent my Visa card back. Don't send it to me again unless I really need it, I'm trying to budget." Well, he is about out of money and now he really has to budget! Thank goodness he got him some fishing gear. :) But, along with that, here's the pictures that went with his last e-mail.  I call Emergency Preparedness in a Box!

Can't imagine what Jon's companion thought when Elder Taylor hit a rabbit, had him load it in a box, and then prepared it for a future meal.  What a lucky companion to learn the basics of Emergency Preparedness.
 

I don't know how many times Jon saw me separating large quantities of meat, fruit, etc. and labeling and putting into the freezer, but I know one thing.  I NEVER bagged road kill!

If there ever was a person that I would want to be with when there was nothing to eat, it would be Elder Jonathan David Mountain Man Taylor. :)

Big Belly, I mean Catfish Yummmmy!

Eel!
Temptation on Wheels!

1 comments:

Sybil said...

I loved that post. It had me laughing to see Elder Wolfe putting the rabbit in the box. If I remember correctly, Elder Taylor made some type of Cajun gumbo and served it to the sister missionaries. They didn't tell them it was road kill until afterwards and then showed them the pictures :)