Family picture at Grandpa's funeral January 8, 2011
I can't believe it has been so long since I have written about the events in our life. January flew by and my favorite parts were the letters from Elder Jon, phone calls from our children and Skyping with Bryce and Mike's family and seeing their new little ones. I am truly blessed and technology has been appreciated much more since we have so many who are not around us.
The hardest week was the week my mom passed away. She died on February 10, 2012. I had a special spiritual experience the Sunday prior to her passing, but didn't realize it was to help me to understand and know that it was her time to go. It was a very hard, yet a sacred, beautiful experience to be there with her. I got there and was able to hear her voice only a few times. I slept on the couch near her side for 3 nights while she slowly left this earth. She had suffered for a few days and then Thursday night she looked up and said, "I neee, I neee". I said, "Oh Mom, I wish I knew what you needed, I really do." It was Marlene that said, "Doesn't the priesthood give blessings when someone is dieing." I was told that she had a blessing two days before and I asked Marlene. She said she never saw anything. I immediately called the bishop and two priesthood holders were there within minutes. I was able to watch the power of the priesthood give her a blessing and then see her completely relax as they told her that when she was ready she could leave this earth's probation. Right after, she relaxed and wasn't in pain any longer and was at peace. It was powerful and beautiful. I will always remember her last breath, her smile, and her kind heart. She was not a complainer and she helped me to find the truth. I am truly indebted to her.
Although I miss her, I am so happy and comforted knowing she is in the best place ever. After 86 long years, she is back with Heavenly Father, with dad, and her family. She was loved by so many people and I will ever be grateful that she was my mother. I love you Melba Cook Maas.


1 comments:
Oh Tamera, I didn't know your mother passed away. What a loss for you, but what comfort to know she has been reunited with your father. My heart goes out to you.
Post a Comment