Family is life, life is family. I love being a part of such a large family. Kristin, Caleb, Chloe; Kurt, Martha, Aaron, Emily; Scott, Tasia, Dresden; Bryce, Beth, Smith; Mike and Sarah, Jeff, Michelle and Adam; Kaylee, Jon, Norris, Bear, Jazz, Beamer, Sadee and four chickens.
What a wonderful day! It began with Caleb and I in the dark. I told him he could be the one to wake the family with his Christmas song on the piano. He said, "Thank goodness I have this memorized." While he started playing in the dark, I ran to get my camera and then flipped on the light. It was so fun! No one woke up and it was 7:00 a.m. so I told him to go wake up Kaylee. He couldn't find her. We decided to check the guest room. I quietly opened the door to a "Aauuh?" I carefully closed the door because it was definitely not Kaylee, but Jeff's wife Michelle who had come unbeknownst to us. We went downstairs and Kaylee was on the couch with a blanket covering her and she was facing the back of the couch. Next to her was Jeff; both sound asleep. Caleb was a little hesitant, but I said, "Hey, it's Christmas and Kaylee really wanted you to wake her up." He did and then went from room to room to arouse everyone so we could have breakfast and peak under the tree. I couldn't convince him to wake Jeff at that moment. We found Kristin and David in the laundry room talking to his family in Italy, Grandpa was on his knees saying his prayers, and Chloe in her bed. It was so fun going around with Caleb and feeling the excitement. We decided to wake up Jeff and Michelle as soon as we were finished eating since they were probably both very tired, but they actually woke up just as we were eating. Before we knew it, they went back in the bedroom and missed opening most of the gifts. Adam must have been up all night. They came out just a little before we had to go to church, but came back when Scott and Tasia came so it was really fun having them together to open their presents.
We have never woke up so late so we didn't quite finish opening the gifts before we had to head to sacrament meeting. It was a wonderful sacrament meeting filled with hymns, violins, cellos, violas, and other musical instruments. Our ward is notorious for their musical ability. I love having sacrament meeting on Christmas Day! It was wonderful. The rest of the day we ate anything we wanted, played games, watched Kung Fu Panda, and looked at our Christmas gifts of books and calendars. The highlight was a missionary call from Jon. His mission President wanted them to Skype this year. We video skyped in to Bryce and Mike in Germany, Kurt in Arizona, and Grandpa and Grandma Taylor in Springville. I loved every minute of it. I have to admit, when I saw Jon's face come up on the screen, I began to cry. It is so special for a mother to talk to her missionaries, but this time was the first time I could see one. What a beautiful experience. Technology is wonderful. It did take some time to work out the kinks, but it was all worth it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment