Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lunar Eclipse from Grandma's window

Outside on the front porch at 4:30 a.m.

I haven't seen the lunar eclipse for quite some time. I sent an e-mail to Kristin and Kurt to let them know of this wonder of the skies and decided that I would try to watch it also. At 4:00 in the morning I could hear someone crying. I thought it was Dresden because we were babysitting him. I got up and it was Caleb downstairs. He was crying quite hard so I tried to figure out what the problem was; leg ache, hunger, someone treating him bad, and on and on. I finally said, "How can I help you if I don't know?" I rubbed his back and I gave him a hug. I continued until he was calm. After he was calmed down he said, "If only you could convince my mom to unground me from the DSI". I sure wanted to, but decided not to give a comment. I tried to go back to bed, but the moon was so bright and DING! I remembered the eclipse. I started to go downstairs to get Caleb because he told he he just couldn't get back to sleep. There he was at the top of the stairs.  At first, it looked like three moons were coming at us to the front window. It was really cool.  We sat and took some pictures and then he became hungry. He ate his cereal while we looked online at what was going to happen and we went back into the living room. I wasn't feeling too well and had only four hours of sleep so at 5:45 a.m. I taught him how to take pictures and asked him to show them to me when I got back up. He did a pretty good job until about 6:15 a.m. He said, "It was taking too long."   

 

Pictures taken by Caleb  Double click to view better.




1 comments:

KT said...

So grateful for all that you do for my kids! They are having such an amazing life right now full of people who truly love and care about them.