Mary and Joseph played by Chloe and Caleb
Kristin, shepherd; Kaylee, angel; and Dave a Wiseman
Didn't get picture of Kristin and Kaylee in costume.
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
After dinner, each member writes down a gift that they would like to give the Savior for the whole year. The enveloped is sealed and put on the mantel only to be opened the next Christmas Eve to see how we each did. The gift and the results is kept secret from each other and only shared if wanted. I have loved this tradition.
Kaylee's Christmas Ornament came from Germany this year!
She was so excited because she searched in every shop to find it and gave up. Knowing she wanted it real bad, I secretly went back to two or three until I found someone that had one in the back and there was only one shop that did! I couldn't wait to see her open in and it was well worth the search.
To top off Christmas Eve, we had a wonderful video Skype program. Mike and Bryce and their families were in Germany in their separate homes, Kurt and Martha were in Arizona, Scott and Tasia in Provo, Grandpa and Grandma Taylor in Springville, David's (Kristin's friend) mother in Italy, and the rest of us at home. I wish I video taped it. We read scriptures, sang Christmas hymns, and then each took a turn to tell their favoriet Christmas memory. It was so tender to see everyone together on Chistmas Eve in their own homes. Thank you everyone!

0 comments:
Post a Comment